Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Almost ready for diving

It's been cloudy and gloomy since before we got to Midway
It's the night before we arrive at Wake Atoll for dive operations - finally.  We're ready to be in the water and although we saw the sun for a few hours today - the first time in 4-5 days - as I type this, there is a lightning storm going on outside.  Plus the ship has been rolling like one of the dancing hippos in Fantasia for the last 3 days.  Needless to say, I'm hoping we find a lee to shelter in near the atoll and maybe - just maybe - the sun will pop out tomorrow.

I'm slightly concerned because of the amount of work we need to get done and the amount of gear we need to pile on to our small boat tomorrow.  It's going to look like a trash barge by the time we're done with it but hopefully we'll still find space to work.  We'll be using a new small boat tomorrow so it will be a learning experience all the way around.  Wish us luck.

I hope things are going well back on land and that you are well.  I'll say 'good night' for now and crawl into my rack for some down time before the 5:45 wake up call.
Take care,
Cristi

No comments:

Post a Comment